Healthy Sweet Potato Basil Soup Recipe
It’s the perfect time of year for soups that warm the soul! This sweet potato basil soup is a super easy and delicious soup you can throw in the crockpot and enjoy 3 hours later. This recipe is a great source of healthy carbs and healthy fat, but does not contain an adequate portion of protein for a meal. Be sure to pair this soup with one of our protein rich recipe’s like our meatzza recipe!
- 3 small or 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 can coconut milk (we use Goya brand…found in the mexican food aisle at grocery store)
- 1/2 box vegetable broth
- 1 small onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Chop sweet potatoes into small cubes and mince garlic
- Combine all above ingredients into a crockpot
- Cook on high for 3 hours
- Put soup in blender (we use a handheld emulsifier blender)
- Eat and Enjoy!